4 Helpful Tips to Find the Best Business Phone Service in Cleveland
With so many different options for Northeast Ohio business phone services, choosing the right one can be confusing.
Below are different components of a business phone service system that you should know. Between PBX and SIP Trunks, from Virtual PRI to Disaster Recovery, this post will give you some clarity on what these terms mean and what to look for when selecting the best business phone service in Cleveland. You will also learn how to determine whether your current business phone service provider is right for your company.
1. Choose Hosted PBX for Exceptional Service and Zero Equipment Clutter
Hosted PBX (Private Branch Exchange) is a business phone system that’
s hosted by your internet/VoIP (Voice-over-IP) service provider. This enables companies to have a business-class telephone system without the large investment in hardware. The benefits of selecting a Hosted PBX option include:
- The system is owned and maintained by your provider—no maintenance, updates or upgrades.
- It’s ideal for multiple offices. Whether you have one employee or twenty employees, Hosted PBX brings them together. Additionally, PBX eliminates the cost of setting up new hardware at each location.
- The hosted telephone service includes centrally managed phone numbers, which means that you could easily have a phone from another area code ring at your location. For example, you could set a Seattle number to go to a Cleveland office.
- Hosted PBX offers more features and add-ons than the average phone system. Click Here for the complete Hosted PBX Features and Add-ons List.
Still need help deciding if Hosted PBX is for your business? This video all about Hosted PBX “Major Questions to be Answered” will help you see more clearly.
2. SIP Trunking Saves You Money
An SIP (Session Initiated Protocol) trunk is a service offered by an Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP), which lets businesses that already have PBX use Voice-over-IP (VoIP) outside the network by using the same connection as the existing internet connection. Essentially, it is a trunk that your service provider will import through an already existing PBX so you can use VoIP by using the preexisting connection. The benefits of selecting SIP Trunks include:
- Virtual local calling in cities where you don’t physically have an office.
- The ability to take your phone number with you around the world when you travel.
- Advanced calling and voicemail options.
- Integration between your phone system and customer management system (CMS).
3. Always Look for Unlimited Long Distance Calling
Traditional carriers typically sell a Virtual Primary Rate Interface (PRI) service that includes unlimited local calling and 23 call channels. In short, Virtual PRI gives you the ability to make 23 phone calls at the same time. Following are some typical features you can expect with a Virtual PRI product:
- 23 channels/call paths
- Unlimited local calling
- Unlimited long distance
- 25 Phone Numbers
If these techno-terms are confusing to you, checkout this “VoIP 101” eBook in order to provide you with a better understanding of all things business phone service.
4. Can’t Get to the Office? Houston We Have a Problem…
Finally, disaster recovery systems enable your business to remain open even when the doors are shut due to an unforeseen disaster or event. These systems enable you to forward your office calls to you, where ever you are, seamlessly. This type of planning is often referred to as a continuity of operations plans, or COOP, this includes all facets of your business.
With so many business phone options out there, we want to make sure you understand your options so you can choose the right plan for your company. To learn more about selecting the right business phone plan for your Northeast Ohio business, click the image below to download the complete Business Phone Buyer’s Guide.